Monday, July 2, 2012

Dumpling wrappers

If you`re living in Switzerland, Zürich in particular, you know it can be a challenge to find some ready made things that make your dinner life easier.  I`ve already shown you how to make easy, great tasting tortillas, and   steamed buns for dim sum, so now I will add into the mix, dumpling wrappers. The Asian Store is just not close enough for me to check and see if they have them when I decide I want to make dumplings on the spur of the moment.  However, if you live nearby, check it out and let me know please...I`ll get back down there eventually.

This is super easy.  All you need is flour and water. A rolling pin and a round cookie cutter (or glass)

I made a double batch. This is what you need:
2 Cups flour
1/2 cup water
additional flour for rolling out the dough










Combine the flour and water and knead for about 5 to 10 minutes - until the dough is not sticky.  Let the dough rest for 30 minutes, covered with a damp towel.

Divide the dough into 4 parts and roll them into cylinders.  Cut each cylinder into about 8 pieces.

Roll the cut pieces, one at a time until flat, and then use a 2.5 inch cookie cutter or glass to make them into a circle.

That`s it!  Cover with a damp cloth until ready to use.


Filled and ready to cook


No comments:

Post a Comment