Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Salsa

I made some salsa for Cinco de Mayo and my husband thought it was fantastic.  Problem is that I kind of just added things and didn`t pay attention to the amounts.  This weekend I finally had some time to make it again, but wrote things down so that I could make it in the future. El Maiz has good salsa, but since I don`t get into the little shops so much anymore, it is nice to be able to make your own.  Eventually I will probably try preserving it so that I can just make it once in a while, but I have not gotten to that point yet.

Feel free to add more chilies and jalapenos as you desire.

What you need:

1 can of diced tomato, juice removed
1/2 can of the stewed tomatoes, no juice
2 onions, roughly chopped
2 large garlic cloves
juice from 1 1/2 lime
3/4 of a bag of koriander (cilantro - the 2 chf bags from Coop/Migros)
1/2 tsp salt
3 red chili peppers
3/4 jar of sliced jalapenos (no juice)



Optional:
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cumin

I used the food processor attachment for my immersion blender, but you could always dice everything finely as well.


If using the blender, roughly chop everything. I removed the seeds from the peppers. Blend until you reach the desired consistency. Pour into a jar and refrigerate. Quick, easy, and delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment